Featured Post

L💜v34OneAnother O(+>

Prince was touched.  From the very beginning, a child prodigy who became a musical genius.  He came from a spirit-filled family and his ...

Friday, July 27, 2012

“a Conversation”



“a Conversation”


hello my friend, it's been awhile
since i've seen your smile
how long has it been
i can tell you're happy to see me
in the way that you greet me
so what have you been up to
did you get that job you were after
or did you travel the world far and wide
oh, you have a family now
what two girls and a boy
wow, i'm sure they are a handful
what grades are they in school
that's really cool, i'm happy for you
oh me, i'm doing well can't you tell
i've been lost in the city
where's there's plenty
of things to keep me busy
and i've visited the Far East
where i learned about war and peace
there is a serenity there that allowed
me to clear my thoughts
and get over promises lost
and dreams i left behind
yeah i thought about you often
wondering what could have happened
but like i said, i'm fine now
children, no not yet, the timing isn't right
i know i was planning on it then
but things have changed and i've grown
see things a bit differently
i have other seeds to sow
i've been helping out in my community
and attending important functions
at this juncture
in my life
i'm going to hold off on rash decisions
so where are you headed off to
a funeral for your late wife
i'm so sorry to hear that
how are you holding up
she was sick, been fighting it for awhile
you were just waiting for her to finally be at rest
that's a lot for me to digest
well here's my number
call me whenever
you are up to facing the world again
yeah i know i've always been there for you
and i'll still be there
i'm always near
but so much time has passed
i'm not sure how long my compassion will last
cause remember, you were the broke down
son of a bitch that left my ass!

© sharbi3 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment