Featured Post

L💜v34OneAnother O(+>

Prince was touched.  From the very beginning, a child prodigy who became a musical genius.  He came from a spirit-filled family and his ...

Sunday, September 1, 2013

WAR: Weapons Aren't Resources

WAR: Weapons Aren't Resources
By Sharmane Iamibe

I know nothing of war
I cannot pretend
to know the sound of bombs
outside my door
Empty streets lined
with bodies and mortar shells
I know nothing
of looking down the barrel of a gun
targeting
a presumed enemy
I cannot see that far
to accomplish the task
of pulling a trigger
Not in my hands
shall the blood of another
stain me
I do not know
the justifications of war
is it for land,
for oil,
for money?
Or
is it to protect
the lessor,
the weaker,
or continue
a reign of power?

Although I know nothing of war,
I am not immune
to it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment