Featured Post

L💜v34OneAnother O(+>

Prince was touched.  From the very beginning, a child prodigy who became a musical genius.  He came from a spirit-filled family and his ...

Sunday, April 13, 2014

13/30 - A friend

13/30

I wanted to write a song for you
But I didn't know where to begin
I reached into my memory bank
The first thought was friend

Since the days in junior high
I can't remember a time you weren't by my side
Through thick and thin
Ups and downs
You were always there to turn my frown upside down

We'd often laugh at the silliest of things
When I would forget the lyrics
You always remembered the words to sing

When I was down and out
I turned to you without doubt
You'd provide the comforting words
Or unleash your wisdom
Or lend me your courage

People are placed in your life path for a reason
Often traveling in different directions
I'm glad that our lives met at the perfect intersection
Although we may not always agree
Finding a friend in you was a plan that was meant to be

No comments:

Post a Comment