Featured Post

L💜v34OneAnother O(+>

Prince was touched.  From the very beginning, a child prodigy who became a musical genius.  He came from a spirit-filled family and his ...

Friday, April 4, 2014

4.5/30 Ode to Millennialism (lune)

There's a disconnect
I'm not feeling the level
  of respect deserved

As your parent
you're supposed to listen, obey
  heed my words

Left to your
individual growth and learning, while
  doing, you diverted

Seems you like
to listen and do more
  as your friends

They didn't raise
  you. Played no part in
   feeding, clothing, sheltering

Still you feel
  entitled. To what I ask?
Show me work.

Explain your accomplishments
Make me understand your plight
Where's your insight?

Sure technology makes
  it easier. Work still has
   to be done

Don't let social
  networking, reality TV, rap videos
   steer you wrong

I realize we're
  generationally different, maybe
  even polar opposites

Doesn't mean everything
  changes just to benefit your
   way of thinking

Work is work
It must be done, if
  you want more

Do better, be
  better should be the goal
You're just starting

That's why I
  do not understand why you're
   departing, not listening

Education is a
  must. Build the knowledge you
   need to make it

This world is
  harsh. It's all a competition
   you can win

Still there is
  the work with more effort
   than you realized

It's not easy
  when I give you advice
   not to please me

To give you
  the lessons I learned the
    the hard way

Do not be
  dismayed. Just because it looks
  difficult. It really is

That's the whole
  point of raising you, to
   guide and nurture

I am trying
  to prepare you for the
    future. Get it?

So again I
  ask? What makes you so
   entitled? Thought not.

©2014 Sharbi3

No comments:

Post a Comment