Featured Post

L💜v34OneAnother O(+>

Prince was touched.  From the very beginning, a child prodigy who became a musical genius.  He came from a spirit-filled family and his ...

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Father's Day 2014

My youth were raised in a single parent household ...

I am a woman, a mother, the nurturer, the gentle touch, the soft spoken voice of reason. Sure, I've been the disciplinarian, the breadwinner, the household repair person, the lawn care provider and many other roles that may have at one time been gender assigned. But one thing I am not, is a man. I will never be a father. I didn't teach my sons to stand up and pee, I couldn't possibly understand what it's like to be a he. I haven't taught them how to shave and I learned to tie a tie by practice. I will not ever be as strong as a man nor will I pretend that I can. Sure, I may wear pants, but with a feminine stance. I am only one half, the X, he provides the Y and determines the sex. It takes us two to create a youth and when the one day comes around a year, I'm going to give him his just due. I'll not take this time to steal his shine. I'll not add a tag to pin to his coat. I'll not take away his masculine energy. I will promote him and acknowledge those men that do. They fill the role that their supposed to. He cares for his seed and teaches them the way.  I give him all his props this and every other Father's Day!!!

Wishing all the fathers and father figures out there taking care of, providing proper guidance to and raising their youth (or taking on the responsibility for another man) a Very Happy Father's Day. Bless⬆


No comments:

Post a Comment