Featured Post

L💜v34OneAnother O(+>

Prince was touched.  From the very beginning, a child prodigy who became a musical genius.  He came from a spirit-filled family and his ...

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

dis-jointed dedicated 2 my brothers & siSt⭐rs

“dis-JOINTED”

I’ve been holding this in for awhile now
I think that it's time for us to have a sit down
a face to face a conversation
there are some things that need discussing
first, I miss you
I apologize for not standing up for you
for trying to hold it down on my own
but since you started to neglect yourself
and place blame on everyone else but yourself
I didn't know what to do
but to distance myself from you
now I see that it was wrong of me
to leave you in your time of need
we are made for each other
complimentary colors,
mixtures of different hues
the plight we share
as each generation grows
is the same
but the foundation
has crumbled and is beginning to fade

so I ask that we pitch in
and get to work
it's gonna get messy
and some feelings may get hurt
individually
we have been carrying a great weight
and the longer we allow this burden
to sink us further
I fear that there will be a day
we will not be able to reach each other

so today I ask
that we stop the disrespect
stop running and stand your ground
that we acknowledge each other
and not tear our spirits down
not give into meaningless
degradation
but that we work on
rebuilding this foundation
find the trust for one another again
that we come together
and stand united, brotha to sistah
friend to friend
arm in arm we not surrender
or give into the fears
that have been plaguing
our communities, our psyches
for so many years
let not another stake be wedged
between us
let's defend this
space that we have
between us
by bridging the gap
so tight, and enforcing
this connection
with all our might

so my brotha, my sistah
do you forgive me?
as I have forgiven you ...

© sharbi3 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment